Friday, May 29, 2009

anger....

How is it that my 7 year old son has more anger in him than I do? I mean I'm the one who is 35 (almost 36), single, starting over, basically single mother of 2, NOT getting child support, back to work and broke...

I thought I'd done my best to protect him from the whole situation. The break up. The divorce. All the changes....I did my best to make the changes as small and as non-disruptive as possible. But here we are 1.5 years after the split and he still cowers before men...even my father who would not hurt a fly and he is still scared of my dad...

He loses complete control when things don't go exactly as planned and tells me "I don't know why I get so angry but when I do, ...I can't stop it.."


What do you do with that?

We're doing counseling. Family therapy (sans dad b/c he feels the whole thing is bull-shit (his words not mine). He told me (and I quote) "any problems with the boy can be solved in about 20 minutes with a serious beating". My thoughts. Not. Going. To Happen.

What next? What should I do? His therapist is recommending removing all custodial rights from his father. Is that the right thing? I use to love his dad, I use to think he was a good man...and now...I don't know. I'm not sure about anything other than I'll do anything to keep my kids safe and try to make them happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment