Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh to blog...

I've been told that I'm a good story teller, that I'm funny and can make people smile just by sharing an anecdote or joke. I've also been told that with the excitement, drama, and fun I've had in the last year I should write a book..so instead of a book...a blog was born.

I used to be a wife, part of a team, a great host, a gourmand, a photographer, an engineer, a mom, a gardener, a friend, a companion, a sister, a daughter, a soccer player...

Now, I'm a mom. A single mom. A divorced mom. A working mom. A mom over 30, okay okay I'm 35. An exhausted, overwhelmed, and sometimes scared mom. And these are the things that define me now. What happened to the photographer? the gourmand? the sister? She got lost in the shuffle and I'm trying to find her again.

I spent the first year after separating from my husband, falling in and out of love with a great man. After a year of courtship and romance, his pending (yes pending) divorce still lingers over us like a dark cloud on a picnic day. I joke with him (as much as one can joke about divorce), your divorce will take years...he insists this is not so...but we're entering year 2 and not one meeting with both lawyers!

What to do? What to do? What to do? Parents and close friends respond, drop him! Be single! Enjoy being alone!! Date! Everyone (not actually everyone, but most everyone who listens to me) says that I started dating too soon...I need to be alone...I need to find myself. The funny thing is, before my husband left me, I thought I knew exactly who I was and how my life was going to turn out!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment