Saturday, March 21, 2009

Packing up is hard to do...

So, I'm at that awkward point at the end of the relationship when you pack up your ex-partners "stuff". You know the stuff that just accumulates when you are IN a relationship...bathing suits, socks, books, magazines, t-shirts and the like. Maybe the books should have been my first clue that it wasn't going to work. Disarming the Narcissist, Blood Rites, The Power of Body Language, Stumbling onto Happiness, Raising the Bi-Polar Child, and so on aren't the books of a man who has found peace in his life. The books and Fortune magazines have been packed up nicely in a Nordstrom Bag. His pillows (didn't like mine) are by the door as well.The clothes and shoes have been neatly folded and are awaiting the yet to be scheduled exchange.

The things I'm left wondering about what to do with include the following:

1. 2 half bags of black licorice (I hate black licorice).
2. The coffee maker he bought for my house (since mine wasn't good enough).
3. The slip-n-slide he bought for Noah's birthday (I know, sweet gesture at the time)
4. The 5 various flavored quart-size containers of half eaten ice-cream.
5. The deli, Dijon, Merlot & shallot flavored mustards that I bought specifically for his weird mustard fetish (fetish as in food but still, the man loves mustard).
6. A collection of slightly used golf balls my kids gathered for him in our backyard (sounds silly but 20 or so Pro-V1s are in high demand here in Naples)
7. His toothbrush.

I think I'll toss the candy, ice cream & toothbrush; enjoy the coffemaker and mustard and hit the Pro-V1s myself. I'm still debating the slip-n-slide. I mean it's pretty cool and he lives in a condo.......

No comments:

Post a Comment